Friday, January 25, 2008

The rest of the day

Poor Alex & Mommy...he's still all out of sorts. I hope he works this out well enough to sleep at least a few straight hours tonight! Tomorrow we'll have to stay close to home & try to get him back on track. Daddy was super sweet & watched a fussy, fussy boy while Mommy escaped to a nice, warm bath for 20 minutes. Ahhhh! Super sweet Daddy also finished making dinner for me. (Too bad Super Sweet Daddy can't nurse Alex all weekend, lol!)


We went to Walmart (just the two of us) for the first time today. I had Alex in his fleece sling. So many people commented on how cute he looked. The cashier asked how I got the baby to stick to my chest. I found that an odd question, but she was pretty fascinated when I showed her the sling. (It was under my coat.)


I also bought Babywise. Leanne mentioned that book a while back, and then it was recommended by someone at church, too. It's about getting baby on a regular feeding/waking/sleeping routine...not necessarily a strict schedule, but more of a routine, which should encourage sleep patterns. Let's hope that I can read all 13 chapters before Alex is 10 years old. Let's also hope that the theory works for us! :)


Okay, on to the important stuff...lunch with Grandma at Panera, visiting Aunt Donna at work, and the one month pediatrician visit.

Alex now weighs 9 lbs. He is 22 inches long. His head circumference is 15 inches.

(Birth reminder: 6 lbs, 13 oz, 19 inches long, and I have no clue on the head circumference)


Alexander proved to the pediatrician that all his bodily functions are working properly: 2 poopy diapers during the 30 minute visit, spit up on the table, farted noisily, screamed well, solemnly & silently stared at the pediatrician while she used the stethescope. Anyway, he's doing great, no problems at all. Good boy! Next month we start vaccinations. Poor kid! (Here's a first for me: We brought Alex's socks home in a biohazard bag because he stuck his feet in his diaper when the pediatrician changed him...)


I didn't have the courage to be a silly mom & take a picture at the ped's office. I do have a pic of Aunt Donna & Alex at work. So for today's pic:



No comments: