Saturday, March 8, 2008

So I Lied...


I wrote yesterday that we'd be staying home all week. I guess I lied, because Alex and I went to Merrillville yesterday to have lunch with Grandma & Grandpa. They just returned from Hawaii, and they needed to see their baby boy. Alex and I met them for lunch at Steak & Shake. Yum!

Afterwards, we went with Grandma and Grandpa to the Verizon store to get Grandpa a new phone. His other phone is now swimming with the whales off the coast of Maui, I believe. While at the store, I found out how to get Keith's old phone set up with my number, so now I actually get decent reception on my phone. How nice to actually USE the phone I'm paying for each month. ;)

Last night was Keith's last volleyball game of the season. It was the tournament, and his team competed for 3rd or 4th place. Rob and Bonnie's team won, so Keith's team is in 4th place for the season. We stayed to watch the other CCOD game, and they ended up in fifth place.
Alexander stayed awake to watch the whole thing. I can't even imagine how big he'll be at the next volleyball game...in January 2009!
I don't have any pictures of this, but thought I'd mention (so I don't forget the date when I update his baby book) that Alexander started batting at his toys just a few days ago (on March 6th). It's another of those little milestones that tell us he's getting too big! We have a bit of video of this, but it's on the video camera. I have absolutely no clue how to get video from the camcorder to the computer. That is Keith's job! Alex is so cute, just flailing his arms around hoping to hit the toys on his play gym or bouncy seat.

Alex is sleeping through the night most nights now. Four of the past five nights have been great! 7 hours, 8 hours, 4.5 hours, 7 hours, 6.5 hours. Even the 4.5 hour night is decent, but the other nights are terrific. I love waking up to daylight! Today was 6.5 hours, but he ate and then went back to sleep for another hour. This is why I've been staying home. I figured that Babywise was probably right: routine in the daytime makes for better sleep at night. Go Babywise!

That's about it...nothing big on the agenda for today, just a nice weekend with a little extra Daddy time! :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Smart woman! I was actually thinking as I was getting caught up on your blogs that you are on the go WAY too much! The best way to get a baby on schedule is to stay home. Let people visit you. You're the one with the baby.