Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Karen Is Cool

This is totally non-Alex related. I just have to tell the world how cool my friend Karen is. Thanks to her, I'm getting better at using coupons the "right" way. Today, I saved $51 at Meijer by matching coupons with sales. It costs about $10 in gas to get there & home, but I think it's worth it to save $51!

A few of my "steals":

  • diaper ointment for free (normally 3.99)
  • 6 boxes ofLife cereal for $1/box
  • 6 boxes of Cascadian Farms cereals for $2.50 each (not bad for organic!)
  • a $7 pork roast for $3.15
  • $10 off Muir Glen tomatoes, tomato sauce, and salsa (organic)
  • a canister of Gerber Rice cereal for $0.89 (normally $2.89)

There are others, too, but those were my best deals of the day. I got:

  • 2 weeks worth of groceries (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
  • a teething toy for Alex
  • a Fannie May trinidad for Keith
  • a pint of Haagen Dazs
  • a 20 oz bottle of root beer to drink on the way home
  • 12 rolls of toilet paper
  • laundry detergent

All for $89.65!!!
(You know it's a good deal when the cashier wants to know how you did it & where you get your coupons.)

I might have to buy a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread before the two weeks are up, but I think that's about it. Like I said, Karen is cool! :)

Here's what we're eating, by the way...10 meals & leftovers for the other nights

jambalaya
grilled smoked sausage
meatloaf
tacos
hamburgers
pork roast
bbq pork sandwiches
peachy chicken
penne pasta
crock pot pizza

1 comment:

Kat said...

Ha! I've taken her tips too! :) I matched up my coupons with their 10 for 10 get the 11th free...it was awesome! It takes a little while, but...it is SO worth it!!! :)

At one point I said, "Um did my milk come up free??" (It was free if you bought some razor refills) and the lady was like...well you got so much free this might take me a minute... Ha! :)