Monday, May 12, 2008

My First Mothers Day

A funny video started our church service on Sunday morning. It included bad Mothers Day gift ideas and facts about this holiday. One of the bad ideas was asking your wife what she wants for Mothers Day. Keith did ask, though, and I'm glad!

On Saturday, Keith asked me if there was anything in particular that I hoped to receive as a Mothers Day present. I thought about it for a while, and I ended up telling him that I didn't want anything from the store. We have enough stuff in our house, and I'm always trying to get rid of clutter.

So...instead of one more thing to store in our house, I get a fun day with my boys. My Mothers Day gift is a trip to the Indianapolis Zoo with Alex & Keith. The date has yet to be determined, but I couldn't ask for a better gift than time with my family! I'm soooo looking forward to this day! I'd be happy if my gift every year was a family day! :)


Yes, Angie, you did give Keith strict instructions to take a picture of Mommy & Alex on her first Mothers Day. Here it is! I wish we had a pretty backyard like yours...I'm sure your pictures are much more beautiful! Now, I didn't see a picture of you and your kiddos on your blog! Get to it! ;)
We had the Purdy clan over for steak, baked potatoes, and green beans. Delicious food, melt in your mouth steaks, great company! It was a perfect day...as long as you were indoors! Poor Keith was trying to grill those steaks without getting blown away. The wind was even blowing into the garage as he tried to grill in there. Our garage still smells delicious 24 hours later!
See Kyle's steak? That's the cheap kind! ;)
Papa chose not to play cards, and he fell asleep.
Seems to be the thing for the dads to do today...Uncle Kevin did it, too.
Kyle is, of course, playing PS2.Alex played Phase 10 with the rest of the grown-ups.
See? Here we are.

That's about it. A great day with family, a perfect first Mothers Day...and it's not over yet. I still get to go visit the rest of the family at the zoo ;)

1 comment:

Emma Hamstra said...

That's a great gift! Way to go Keith and I'm glad I got to see the cute picture of you and Alex. I'm so glad you had a great first Mother's day!