Monday, December 28, 2009

Moving Up

Alex's last time in our high chair...

Alex said goodbye to the high chair this week, and Max moved up in the world . Max was fussy, and I was busy. I was desperate to keep Max happy while also doing some Christmas cooking/baking. My last attempt (before pulling out my hair) was to recline the high chair for Max. He LOVED it!

We've now sat him in there several times, and he enjoys it for 10 - 15 minutes while we eat or I cook. Alex thinks it's pretty neat to see his brother in the high chair. Max isn't eating any foods yet, but he'll know the chair pretty well by the time he is!

Max isn't the only one moving up. Alex got a booster seat for Christmas, and he's proudly eating at the kitchen table now. He loves his new placemat, and he's been "counting" the cows, sheep, pigs, and 'meows'. (He can only correctly identify up to the number 3, but he likes to pretend he's counting.)

Alex isn't the neatest eater on the planet, so the table is usually messy near his seat. He is very determined to use his fork and spoon properly. We went out for lunch today, and even the waitress commented on how well he uses a spoon. I don't know what we should expect from a 2 year old, but I'm impressed by how well he can handle a spoon full of soup or applesauce at his age.
I'm a little sad about this moving up "stuff"...it means both of my babies are getting too big! It's neat, though, to watch Alex growing and changing - even in the little things like moving to a big boy seat. He thinks it's pretty special, and we do, too.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hooray for Alex! Sorry for Mommy. It's hard to see them grow; isnt it?