Friday, March 12, 2010

Peas – Oh The Horror!

Ahhh, my poor Maxwell. We promise we weren’t trying to poison you. It’s just peas. Mama and Alex think peas are DELICIOUS!

Somehow, I doubt you agree:

March2010 112

Max has a very hard time warming up to new foods. He’ll willingly eat applesauce, half-heartedly eat mashed banana, and he only likes his rice cereal if I add a tiny bit of juice with the water.

After four tries with sweet potatoes, he finally ate them happily – with lots of squeals and smiles – at lunchtime today. March2010 121

Hopefully, in time, he’ll come to realize that peas are good too!

Just for fun - Here’s a picture of Alex’s reaction when he first tried applesauce.

3 comments:

Allison said...

If it makes you feel any better, Natalie LOVED peas and Ebee HATED them. I even have a picture of Eboni crying as I tried to give her some peas. The funny thing is that Natalie is the most picky eater in the world now. Eboni? She loves everything. Well, except she is quick to pass on sweets for fruits and veggies. :-)

Kat said...

Oh no!!!!! These are precious pictures though!!!!

I agree with Allison though...they are all so different. Sami refused to eat peas...she wouldn't even take a bite!!! Skylar however would eat them all day long!!!!

Keep trying ;)

MamaDuck76 said...

Alex only disliked applesauce for a few days. otherwise, he ate EVERYTHING we put in his mouth. I even added spices to his babyfood, and he ate 'em like a champ. He still likes spicy food.

Max seems to be the "You want me to eat WHAT?!" kind of kid. I think he's going to be our picky eater, but who knows? Maybe he'll surprise me once he's more used to solids...