Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Do Love You, Mom…

May2011 083

One day last week, I asked this sweet boy for a kiss.  He shook his head no, so I asked him for a hug.  He said no again.

I put a teasing pout on my face, looked at my little guy, and said, “You don’t love me?”

Alex very seriously replied, “I do love you, Mom, but I don’t want to give you hugs or kisses anymore.  I’ll still snuggle with you, though.”

He’s getting bigger.  Maybe he’ll change his mind, but I’m a little sad that he’s not too interested in kisses or hugs anymore.  It’s good to know he’ll still snuggle – even request a snuggle – but it’s sad to think he’s getting so big.

I guess that means we need to enjoy what’s left of the snuggly days and make the most of it!  Kids grow way too fast, don’t they?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww Alex give your mama a hug and kiss!! They do grow up so fast!! :-)