Thursday, February 9, 2012

Alex :)

We are just so in love with the things that Alex says.  Sometimes we are amazed by the serious, thoughtful things he says.  Sometimes we laugh at the funny things he says.  (This boy has a good sense of humor!)

January2012 003

Last night, as I was tucking him in to bed, he had a good one…

I kissed him good night, and I told him, “I will ALWAYS love you – no matter what you say or what you do, Mommy will ALWAYS love you, buddy!”  (Once in a while, I like to remind him that my love for him is not dependent on his actions or behavior…)

Alex looked at me and said, “Uh, Mom, are you pretending to be God?”

-------------------

A few weeks ago, Alex was trying to convince us that they should go spend the day at Grandma and Papa’s house.  It wasn’t going to work out on that particular day, but Alex wasn’t about to give up on his plan. 

After lots of pushing, he said, “But Mom, Max and I want to go to Grandma and Papa’s house to get some peace and quiet from YOU!”

He didn’t mean to be rude; I think he’s just heard me say that, once in a while, Grandma and Papa watch the kids so that Daddy & Mommy can have a peaceful dinner.

------------------

Alex was singing Jingle Bells today.  Yes, in February.  “Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse soap and sleigh…”  (We realized at Christmas time that he was singing it incorrectly.  We taught him the correct way, but once in a while he still forgets.

-------------

I think there are a few more, but I lost the slip of paper that I wrote them on.  (Do you do that?  How do you remember the cute things your kids say?)  Hopefully I’ll find that scrap of paper soon! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny! The first story totally cracked me up! I had to read it to Tim!

Kat said...

He is so funny!