Monday, March 19, 2012

A Gold Balloon

I’m probably the only one who will smile at this one, but I wanted to remember it:

This morning, only minutes after finishing his breakfast, Alex came running up to me with mischievous, hopeful eyes.  He said, “Mommy, can I have a gold balloon?”

It took me a minute to figure out what he meant.  He was really trying to say, “Mommy, can I have a gold doubloon?”

The boys have recently started watching “Jake and the Neverland Pirates”.  They love to count the gold doubloons.  (Even Max can count them correctly, which impresses me.)

March2012 078

For St. Patrick’s Day, we sent the boys on a little scavenger hunt around the house.  It led to a jar of gold (chocolate) coins and Skittles candies.

Yep, Alex thought that the leprechauns brought him some pirate’s gold ;)

So, for making his mommy smile at 8:30 AM, he earned himself some early morning chocolate!

As long as I’m on the subject, I might as well share this one, too.  Yesterday at church, Alex told everyone that his name is Cubby and his mommy’s name is Captain Hook.  Yep.  Thanks, Alex.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Sammy has been very into pirates lately.. we were pretending to be pirates and I wanted him to get in the bath so I told him to walk the plank. In the bathroom he was going potty and I said to Tim, "I see some pirate booty!" We both died laughing!