Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Max’s School (LHTH Unit 11)

Has it really been 2 months since I posted about Max’s school?  Oh my!  We took about 3 weeks off at Christmas time, and we’ve been slow to restart LHTH since then.  Max still gets school time, but we’ve been doing a new family Bible time each morning and he’s been doing pages in his Rod & Staff workbooks.  

We’ve not done quite as much Little Hands To Heaven in recent weeks.  (I still love it; I’ve just had a hard time getting everyone back into routine since Christmas, and adding in the family Bible time has made it a little tricky for me to work it all in!)

Unit 11 was done in mid-late November, so these are older pictures.  I may not remember all of the details, but I’ll do my best!

Unit 11 covered the letter “I”.   During this unit, we made letter I in lots of different ways:

Dried beans on glue

IMG_1537IMG_1538

Max’s paper (left) and Jensyn’s paper (right)
IMG_1543

dot markers on circles (printed from Shannon’s Tot School site)

IMG_1544IMG_1547
IMG_1545
IMG_1546IMG_1548

placing cylinder blocks over the dot marker circles

IMG_1552


Hide & Seek “I” page – circle the letter I/i hidden in the poem
draw a line from
I -----> i
IMG_1307

tracing letter I
IMG_1991

Max finished his Bigger Steps (Rod & Staff preschool) book.  Do you think he’s excited?!
IMG_1549IMG_1550IMG_1551

We built ‘pillars’ to represent the pillars that Samson knocked down with God’s help.
(Nothing is i-i-imposibble with God!)

IMG_1534IMG_1535IMG_1536

While learning about Samson, we learned about lighter/heavier, and Max put 3 kitchen items in order from lightest to heaviest.

IMG_1305IMG_1306

Count On Me page – I’m pretty sure this is the week when we switched over to counting by TWOS.
IMG_1308

learning about Ruth, Naomi, and Boaz…making stalks of grain

IMG_1983IMG_1989

working on his new Book C in Rod & Staff preschool
This book is a Count & Color book.  Max LOVES the counting, but he can’t stand all the coloring!  We’re pretty much just doing the counting pages, so this book will go quickly!

IMG_1990IMG_1992

Max is just now starting to recognize many alphabet letters.  By age 4, Alex knew all of his letters and their sounds.  Max is a very different child, and that is PERFECTLY OKAY.  It’s fun to see him developing an interest in letters – in their names, sounds, and how to form the letters correctly. 

And that’s all I’ve got…we’re currently (mid-January) finishing up Unit 13, so I am really not that terribly far behind on Unit Reviews…now to post Unit 12, so I’m ready to post Unit 13 when it’s completed! Open-mouthed smile

No comments: