Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Honey, We Shrunk The Kids!

I’ve been telling Alex for a long time that he’s getting big, and I needed to find a way to shrink him.  We finally figured it out.  See how much he has shrunk when compared to his little brother?  Hee hee!

DSCN1851
Truth is, of course,  that Daddy dug a hole.  He decided that his this year’s project would be to put in a basketball hoop so we could have fun shooting baskets outside.  Alex really enjoyed Upward Basketball this winter, so we figured it could be fun to play at home as well. 

The kids had a good time playing in the hole before it was filled with a post and cement.


DSCN1849DSCN1850

Even Jensyn enjoyed some time in the hole…just look at her happy giggles!

DSCN1854DSCN1852

Keith & his dad got the pole upright on Saturday, so we’ve had a few days to try it out.  It’s still a little high for the boys, but it is about the same height as Alex used for kindergarten Upward.  I guess that means it’s a good place for both boys to practice…and for me to practice, too!  Keith and I left the kids in the house for ten minutes on Saturday night while he & I played…I’m sure glad no neighbors were around to watch because I definitely, DEFINITELY need some practice, ha ha!

2014-07-16 13.44.35
Hopefully this will encourage our kiddos to get outside and have fun!  We look forward to making good use of this hoop during the summer & fall!

No comments: